Norgine respects your privacy (“you”, “your”) as a user of our website www.norgine.com (“Site”).
Who we collect personal data from
We collect personal data from different data subjects depending on your relationship with Norgine. The categories of data subjects are:
- Website Users;
- Job applicants;
- patients; and
- business partners.
What information we collect
We collect and process data, such as:
- your name and contact information as per your preferred contact method that may be: email address, address, phone number, fax, country;
- any emails or other correspondence you send us;
- information provided by you at the time of using the “Contact Us” function;
- information you provide if you report a problem with our Site;
- social media tracking that allow platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to interact with this Site and give feedback on your actions;
- technical information through your visits to our Site (including activity data, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, URLs clicked and website navigation paths);
- any device information, including the hardware model, operating system and version and mobile network information.
Depending on the category of data subjects and processing operation taking place, we collect and process data such as:
if data subjects are HCPs or KOLs:
- bank account information for payments in relation to services or sponsorship;
- information, reviews, feedbacks and comments related to Norgine products and services as part of our customer relationship management;
- responses to surveys that we use for research purposes that you choose to participate in (although you do not have to respond to such requests);
if data subjects are patients:
- we collect personal data when you report a possible side effect or adverse event associated with one of our products, which may include your gender, date of birth and information about your health;
- responses to surveys that we use for research purposes that you choose to participate in (although you do not have to respond to such requests).
Please keep in mind that depending on your data subject status, these categories may vary. For more information related to Norgine HCPs and KOLs please click here.
- Whenever special categories of personal data are processed based on consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing before the withdrawal.
- The services and information available on our Site are intended for persons 18 years of age and older. Any individual who requests information about a medicine indicated for use in children must be 18 or over.
Legal basis and purpose for collection
In accordance with data privacy laws, we can collect your personal data related to the processing operation that is required according to your relationship with Norgine in the following situations:
- For legitimate business purposes: we collect your personal data to make our communications more relevant and personalised to you, and to make your experience of our services more efficient and effective as long as it is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- To perform a contract to which you are a party, or as a step prior to entering into a contract: we may need to process your personal data to provide a product or service you request;
- To comply with our legal obligations to which we are subject: we comply with laws, regulations and guidance, as set out in this policy, which are essential elements of the manner we conduct our business;
- You have given your consent: we may need to obtain your consent to allow us to collect your personal data for the purposes set out below.
We may use information held about you for the following purposes depending on your relationship with us:
- to provide you with information, products or services, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes and where we are permitted to do so by law, including press releases, job postings, financial results and marketing information;
- to respond to reports of a possible side effect associated with one of our products and to monitor the safety of our products;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidance and demands or requests by regulators, governments, courts and legal authorities;
- for auditing, analysis and research to help us improve our digital platforms, content and services;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective and efficient manner for you and device, including monitoring and analysing usage and activities in connection with our digital platforms to improve the design and content of our platforms;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our Site and the materials on our Site.
For more information related to Norgine HCPs and KOLs please click here.
Sharing, storing and protecting your personal data
We will retain your personal data for the period in accordance with our data retention policy which sets out legal requirements for retention periods, including legal actions or investigations, or for as long as required to provide you with access to services you have requested, for as long as reasonably possible according to the purpose for collection, or for as long as necessary to allow us to respond to your question or request.
We may share your personal data with:
- members of the Norgine Group of companies as required by the processing operation;
- our agents, contractors and suppliers, including those who provide us with technology services such as data analytics, hosting and technical support;
- our professional advisors and auditors;
- our business partners e.g. licensing partners and distributors;
- regulators, governments and legal authorities as required in compliance with the applicable regulation.
We transfer your data to service providers who support us in our operations and the associated processes under the scope of a data processing agreement which obliges our service providers to comply with our strict instructions and contractual obligations.
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in line with applicable data privacy laws. We have implemented technical and organisational measures to secure your data. We use encryption technologies on our Site. Your data will be transferred to our servers and back again via a connection that is protected by a TLS encryption technology. You can recognise that you are browsing on a secured website by the lock-symbol in the address bar of your browser and by the address bar starting with https://.
Under data privacy laws, you have a number of rights with respect to your personal data as established under the GDPR. You may:
- ask us for confirmation or a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal data;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- request that we transfer your data to another company or back to you in a .csv or .pdf file;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data;
- complain to your local supervisory authority if you consider the processing of your data infringes data privacy laws.
If you choose to decline cookies, certain elements of our Site may not function as intended, so your experience may be adversely impacted. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our .
The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on its servers in the United States. We have activated IP-anonymization on this Site, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the EU. Only in exceptional cases is the whole IP address transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there (an adequate level of data protection is ensured because Google is a participant in the Privacy Shield Agreement). We have also concluded a contract with Google Inc. (USA) for commissioned data processing. Accordingly, Google will solely use collected data to evaluate the use of the website and to compile reports on website activities.
You can withdraw your consent to the processing at any time. Please use one of the following options:
- you can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the Site and from processing this data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
For more information, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en or http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html (general information on Google Analytics and data protection). Please note that the code "gat._anonymizeIp();" has been added to Google Analytics in order to ensure anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit the website: Disable Google Analytics.
Social media plugins
For data protection reasons, we do not integrate any social media plugins directly into our Site. Therefore, when you access our webpages, no data is transferred to social media services such as YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn. A profiling by third parties is thus excluded.
However, you still have the option of sharing selected pages by clicking on the YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn buttons, and you can see how often a page has been shared in the past when you view the post. We use the so-called Shariff solution developed by the German c't Magazine to offer a data protection compliant alternative to the classic social plug-ins.
What's behind it? The Shariff solution means that as a first step, all the data and functions required to display YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn are provided by our web server. Only when you decide to share a post via the corresponding button and click on it does a data transfer to the operator of the respective social media service take place.
Norgine B.V., Antonio Vivaldistraat 150, 1083HP Amsterdam, The Netherlands is the data controller of any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at:
FIRST PRIVACY GmbH
28217 Bremen, Germany
Tel.: (+49) 0421 696632-0
Fax: (+49) 0421 696632-11
Contact us form
You have the possibility to contact us via our contact us form.
To use our contact us form, we require your name and email address. We use this data on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR to answer your request. Regarding this processing you have the right to object at any time. To do so, please use our contact us form.
Your data will only be processed for the purposes of answering your inquiry. We delete your data whenever they are no longer required and there are no legal obligations to retain them.